Heat Pump Repair in Richmond Hill, GA
Heat pumps work both ways. Despite the name, they keep your home cool in the summer and warm during winter. However, they can break down like any other appliance, leaving you uncomfortable.
The good news is that you can procure our heat pump repair services in Richmond Hill, GA, to restore your unit to its best condition. Our licensed technicians at Galbreath Heating & Air can help troubleshoot and fix your faulty heap pump within no time.
What Does Heat Pump Repair Services Entail?
Heat pump repair is a service that seeks to restore your malfunctioning heating and cooling system to its best working condition. Our certified professionals will examine your heat pump to identify problems and perform the necessary repairs.
A typical heat pump repair service includes the following steps:
- A thorough inspection of the indoor and outdoor units
- Measuring the refrigerant levels
- Inspecting the electrical terminals
- Checking thermostat accuracy
- Inspecting the switches for physical faults
- Checking the electric controls
- Inspecting the motors and belts
- Preparing a diagnosis report and repair checklist
- Performing the necessary repairs
Common Heat Pump Problems & Repairs
Your heat pump might develop problems if not properly maintained. Fortunately, most heat pump malfunctions are repairable. You can trust our Galbreath Heating & Air expert to restore your defective heat pump.
The following are some of the most common heat pump repairs:
Faulty Reversing Valve
As stated, heat pumps work both ways. They have a reversing valve that switches the unit between heating and cooling mode. If your heat pump cannot swap from heating to cooling, the reversing valve is probably faulty. A Galbreath Heating & Air specialist can fix a faulty reversing valve within no time.
Like most HVAC systems, heat pumps also use refrigerant liquids to transfer heat or cool air to and from your space. If the refrigerant line leaks, your heat pump will certainly have issues. Your heat pump will not have enough refrigerant to absorb and transfer air from one site to another. Our heat pump repair experts can help identify refrigerant leaks and fix the problem promptly.
A heat pump has a condenser and fan motors that rely on electricity to operate. However, loose connections and electrical failure can cause these components to not function optimally. In most cases, your heat pump will not turn on, warranting a repair service. You can schedule a heat pump repair service with our certified pros to restore your heating and cooling system.
A defective thermostat can be the basis of an inoperable heat pump. If the thermostat does not work, your heat pump will blow cold or hot. Your heat pump might also overheat, damaging the internal components. The most viable solution to this problem is to schedule professional heat pump repair services.
Clogged Air Filters
Blocked air filters can also cause your heat pump to become less efficient. Your heat pump will eventually break down if you do not clean or replace the filters. We can help clean and replace the air filters in your heat pump’s indoor and outdoor units.
Signs It’s Time for Heat Pump Repair
While heat pumps are relatively reliable, they can break down unexpectedly. You can tell that your heat pump requires repairs through the following signs:
- Hissing Sounds: Banging and hissing noises are among the first signs of a malfunctioning heat pump. These sounds mean that something is wrong with your heat pump, and it requires urgent repairs.
- Erratic Temperatures: A defective heat pump cannot meet your heating or cooling needs. It will distribute air unevenly, leading to hot or cold zones in your space.
- Musty or Burning Smells: Electrical failure and loose connections can cause your heat pump to short-circuit, resulting in burning smells. Unpleasant odors might be a sign of mold growth and pest infestations inside your air ducts.
- Higher Energy Bills: Damaged heat pumps are less efficient, meaning they will consume more power to reach their potential. For this reason, you will likely notice a spike in your energy bills. If your utility bills are higher than usual, do not hesitate to contact a Galbreath Heating & Air technician to check and repair your heat pump.
Why Is Heat Pump Repair Important?
The significance of professional heat pump repair cannot be understated. Heat pump repair restores your unit to its best working condition. It also improves its efficiency and ensures your indoor comfort. Quality heat pump repair can also extend the lifespan of your unit, leading to long-term savings.
Enlist Quality Heat Pump Repair Services
Always leave heat pump repairs to specialists. Our experienced technicians can handle any troubleshooting and repair task promptly and efficiently. Contact Galbreath Heating & Air for professional heat pump repair in Richmond Hill, GA, and the surrounding areas.
"*" indicates required fields